Wednesday, January 5, 2011

keep travelin' my friends!

One year ago I was driving across the windy frozen planes of Kansas at record rates trying to make it back to Colorado. From there I found myself 14,000 feet up staring at miles of fresh powder ready to be cut through by my board, when I reached the bottom of those mountains I was back in car dissecting the Rockies to reach the Utah desert. I spent days in the red sandy desert freezing my face off at night and sweating skin off in the day. From there I came to the hustling streets of Washington DC to watch a brother get married, only to shortly thereafter board a metal tube and sail thousands of miles through air to touch down in the tropical rainforest of Liberia, where I would spend days drinking powdered coffee from plastic bags in climates so hot and humid they made my fucking lungs sweat. And yet still my soul needed to move so I took it to the arid French/Muslim infused climates of Senegal. And still I tell you my heart is beating out of my chest to move to the next adventure that awaits my single solitary soul. I’ve been walking a mile a minute, but still my feet aint touched enough ground and until the do my soul is everywhere bound.

No comments:

Post a Comment